Medical Billing Manager
Michigan Primary Care Partners is hiring a full-time Medical Billing Manager for our growing Healthcare team.
Medical Billing Manager – Michigan Primary Care Partners
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness, efficiency and development of the medical billing and collections department including our reception team.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with team members.
- Train and evaluate assigned staff.
- Monitor employee performance and discuss issues requiring action with the Human Resources department.
- Responsible for accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Develops, implements and processes resources in collaboration with Administrator/Operations Manager where applicable in order to improve or maintain billing and collection in adherence with company standard levels.
- Interacts with outside billing team to ensure all bills are accurate and processed in a timely manner.
- Reviews un-billed accounts report, re-bills on hold and cash application weekly and performs follow-up to meet company standards.
- Provides input on process improvements
- Meets weekly with Administrator/Operations Manager to provide detailed status report on progress of billing and collections.
- Interacts with a variety of personnel within the organization to achieve outcomes
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents and records.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned
Medical Billing Manager Requirements
- Associate Degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum five (5) years healthcare billing and collections experience
- Three (3) year in a leadership role providing training, support and direction
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel within 60 mile radius up to 25% of the time.
Job Type: Full-time
Michigan Primary Care Partners is hiring Medical Assistants for our Big Rapids primary care practice
Medical Assistant – Michigan Primary Care Partners
Michigan Primary Care Partners & West Michigan Pain are seeking full time Medical Assistants to join our growing team!
Responsibilities may include:
Greet patients, complete and verify forms, and direct patients to exam rooms
Take vital signs document information in the electronic medical records system
Assist with examination and procedures and complete necessary cleanup
Implement provider orders (immunizations, testing, obtaining lab specimens, documenting results, etc.)
Follow directions and work effectively with professional and paraprofessional staff
Manage time effectively
Manage clinic flow for assigned providers
Prepare charts for visits, file patient information, and assist with medical records duties
Request test results and referral information from other offices and update patients’ charts accordingly
Contact patients who are due for services and schedule appointments
Perform other duties as assigned Maintains a professional demeanor at all times with patients and co-workers
Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
The hire must be able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications to provide and support best practices/protocols, value based care, supporting, implementing, and demonstrating the core values of our organization.
Any other duties or unrelated services that may be assigned from time to time as the above statements reflect the general outline considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this job. It shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements of this position. Must be able to meet competency-testing requirements.
REPORTS TO: Administrator & Physician.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Basic reading, writing and math skills normally required through a high school education or equivalent are required.
Graduate of a Vocational Education program for Medical Assistant, Graduate of a Certified Medical Assistant program or Graduate of an Associate Degree Medical Assistant program.
Preferred Experience working in a physician’s office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Organization, People friendly, Computer skills, Communication Skills, Team Oriented (assist other staff members when needed)
Requires extensive mobility ( walking, sitting and standing). Periodic pushing, pulling, and lifting of patients and/or equipment up to a sixty pound weight load. May have exposure to communicable diseases an/or hazardous materials.
Fixed Weekly Schedule
30-40 hours per week
Benefits Include:Medical insurance
Paid time off